PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package - Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing System
Our PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Package Includes:
- GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1lb/Jar
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1lb/Jar
- Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) - 1lb/Jar
- DIY Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing Bottles (500mL) - Macros and Micros
- Graduated Transfer Pipette for dosing - qty 2
- PPS (Perpetual Preservation System) system provides daily dosing of all essential macronutrients and micronutrients vital to healthy plant growth and survival in the planted aquarium.
- The PPS-Pro system has been fine tuned in the aquarium hobby for years, and is one of the least expensive fertilizing systems designed for aquascapers of all abilities, in a heavily planted aquarium with a reasonable fish population. Water change schedule is per your preference or per tank needs, and testing is minimal with this system as conductivity readings.
- It's easy to get started with PPS-Pro dosing for your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed PPS-Pro dosing instructions to get started making your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
MgSO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)
- Magnesium (Mg) - 10.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 13.0%
GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.06%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 1.3%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 42%
- DTPA (Diethylene triamine pentaacetate) - 14%
How to dose PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- Before you start, you will need a digital scale (preferably with 2 decimal places) to weigh the fertilizers and place them in the 500mL bottles
- It's recommended to sanitize your plastic bottles prior to starting
How to Prepare the PPS DIY Stock Solution
Use your digital scale to measure the dry fertilizers and place accordingly in Macros and Micros bottles (see below measurements in grams). Next, fill bottles with distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water, up to the 500mL water level line. Screw on caps tightly and shake well. Allow solution to dissolve completely, may take 24hrs. Warm water aids in quicker dissolution.
500mL Bottle 1 - Macros:
- K2SO4 - 29.3 grams
- KNO3 - 32.6 grams
- KH2PO4 - 2.9 grams
- MgSO4 - 20.2 grams
500mL Bottle 2 - Micros (TE - Trace Elements):
- GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix - 28.6 grams
How to dose PPS Macros and Micros daily in your aquarium
- The dosing recommendations outline below are ideal for medium and high lighting aquarium conditions. For lower light aquariums, use half the recommended dose, and for very high light double the recommended dose. Occasional monitoring of NO3 levels via conductivity readings with an inexpensive and easy TDS Meter is recommended with PPS-Pro system to adjust dosing accordingly and determine need for water change.
- For dosing the PPS system with a 50% water change once per week, review our PPS instructions for this dosing schedule based on tank lighting, otherwise follow instructions outlined below for dosing with or without occasional water change per tank needs.
Macros: daily dose of 1 mL* per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. *(1ml = 20 drops)
Micros: daily dose of 0.5 mL or 10 drops per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. (increase dose if pale new growth appears)
Total daily dose yields:
- 1ppm NO3
- 0.1ppm PO4
- 1.33ppm K
- 0.1ppm Mg
- 0.05ppm TE(trace elements)
Saving me loads of money using GLA PPS-Pro system. I was using an all in one solution for a few years but this year I put that to bed. I see better growth,faster growth and my bank account is much happier as is my wife. I do like that Im not filling a landfill with empty bottles. Having the ability to reuse these over and over is a much needed blessing to the community.
I opted for the Jars over the bags mainly for aesthetics and I wasn’t disappointed at all. I’ve been using these ferts for about a month now and the new growth, greenness, as well as the balance these products have brought is great. The charts available on the site, make it easy to understand the dosing and informational standpoints that’s needed to achieve a balanced tank.
Be honest, you were buying premixed all in one solutions because you liked semi pretty premixed bottle, right? You spent a fortune when you add it all up, even worse you added to our current pollution problem. This kit isn’t saving the world, but it’s a step in a bigger movement for aquascaping future. We all can’t just keep buying one use bottles to fill our landfills. Recycling is a sham, you’ll know this with 30 seconds of Google use. This PPS kit has all micros and macros, including iron. All the vitals are here, and you can make many many batches reusing the same bottles over and over for a fraction of the cost of premixed bottles. Do the right thing, Adam
I love this fertilizer system. I run high tech tanks with snails n shrimp and a lot of epiphytes and rotala plants. I’m on my second batch and plants couldn’t be happier and wet pets seem to like it. I trim my plants much more regularly and no guilt over throwing one time use bottles into the landfill. I reuse mine over and over!
My tank is gleaming with color and my foreground plants are now starting to grow. I was using a different brand prior and the results were, well not even noticeable. Mixing my first set of bottles was actually quite fun, and only took me about 5 minutes. After looking at my full bottles of fertilizer and then noticing how much fertilizer is left in the bags I was blown away. I will be able to make many batches of micros and macros. People, its time to do your part in this hobby. Stop buying one time bottles they get thrown away. Think about what your doing and the amount of waste we are creating. Its the main reason I switched besides being incredibly cost effective. I feel fantastic about this purchase and my tank is on week 8 now on PPS-Pro and could not be any happier.
Its been about 4 months now and my tank is stable, no issues with plant health and my bank account is super happy! I was even able to submit my work into this years IALPC!
Just a few days into this PPS dosing deal and I can already see an improvement in some of the plants.
This was my first go at using PPS system after using off the shelf dosing solutions. I liked the ease of just pumping a few squirts and walking away. However this proved to not be a long term solution. For starters, why buy a single bottle and toss the bottle away when your done? With this kit you can reuse your bottles over and over. You can create many mix's with just one kit... Your saving the planet by using this system. Do you loose anything by not using off the shelf stuff? Answer, absolutely not. Its simple, look what this kit cost and conisder what you pay for that off the shelf premix. No brainer people. Its as easy as making waffles. My 2 tanks I use this system on are very happy and growth is phenomenal. I only wish I went this route years ago.
Wonderfull fertilizer kit using DTPA/EDTA Micros, nobody else is doing this. GLA is always stepping it up with new new. This single kit I suspect will last me many years of use.