PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package - Fertilizer for Water Plants
Our PPS-Pro (EDTA) Package Includes:
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1lb/Jar
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1lb/Jar
- Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) - 1lb/Jar
- DIY Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing Bottles (500mL) - Macros and Micros
- Graduated Transfer Pipette for dosing - qty 2
- PPS (Perpetual Preservation System) system provides daily dosing of all essential macronutrients and micronutrients vital to healthy plant growth and survival in the planted aquarium.
- The PPS-Pro system has been fine tuned in the aquarium hobby for years, and is one of the least expensive fertilizing systems designed for aquascapers of all abilities, in a heavily planted aquarium with a reasonable fish population. Water change schedule is per your preference or per tank needs, and testing is minimal with this system as conductivity readings.
- It's easy to get started with PPS-Pro dosing for your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed PPS-Pro dosing instructions to get started making your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
MgSO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)
- Magnesium (Mg) - 10.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 13.0%
GLA EDTA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium (Mg) - 1.5%
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.6%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 3.8%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 65.4%
How to dose PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- Before you start, you will need a digital scale (preferably with 2 decimal places) to weigh the fertilizers and place them in the 500mL bottles
- It's recommended to sanitize your plastic bottles prior to starting
How to Prepare the PPS DIY Stock Solution
Use your digital scale to measure the dry fertilizers and place accordingly in Macros and Micros bottles (see below measurements in grams). Next, fill bottles with distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water, up to the 500mL water level line. Screw on caps tightly and shake well. Allow solution to dissolve completely, may take 24hrs. Warm water aids in quicker dissolution.
500mL Bottle 1 - Macros:
- K2SO4 - 29.3 grams
- KNO3 - 32.6 grams
- KH2PO4 - 2.9 grams
- MgSO4 - 20.2 grams
500mL Bottle 2 - Micros (TE - Trace Elements):
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 28.6 grams
How to dose PPS Macros and Micros daily in your aquarium
- The dosing recommendations outline below are ideal for medium and high lighting aquarium conditions. For lower light aquariums, use half the recommended dose, and for very high light double the recommended dose. Occasional monitoring of NO3 levels via conductivity readings with an inexpensive and easy TDS Meter is recommended with PPS-Pro system to adjust dosing accordingly and determine need for water change.
- For dosing the PPS system with a 50% water change once per week, review our PPS instructions for this dosing schedule based on tank lighting, otherwise follow instructions outlined below for dosing with or without occasional water change per tank needs.
Macros: daily dose of 1 mL* per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. *(1ml = 20 drops)
Micros: daily dose of 0.5 mL or 10 drops per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. (increase dose if pale new growth appears)
Total daily dose yields:
- 1ppm NO3
- 0.1ppm PO4
- 1.33ppm K
- 0.1ppm Mg
- 0.05ppm TE(trace elements)
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
100% guaranteed satisfaction!!! Absolute must for any aquarist looking to improve overall health of plants! Noticed new growth even after the first couple of days. Easy to mix and dose. Well worth the investment, I'll recommend and reorder!
No more expensive "tropical" premixed ferts for my tank! After started using this 4 days ago April 25, 2020 and the results of daily dosing are SUPER OBVIOUS, bacopa extending roots from multiple points up the stems, guppy grass that's almost more roots than leaves! And I haven't even set up the CO2 system yet. Plus the Jars looks spiffy in your tank pics! With just 2.5ml Macros & 1.25ml Micros daily this stuff will last seemingly forever, no more $20 monthly fertilizers, $32.50 for years of healthy plants!!
Only been a week and my plants have perked up noticeably. Easy to mix. Easy to dose. Price efficient. The amount you receive is enough to last a long time. Also the jars are easy to store. Was recommended by a friend and I would recommend to others.
I finally took the plunge with PPS-Pro and Im so glad I did on several fronts. My aquascape has never looked so rich and full of color. I retired my all in one solutions finally as they were way overpriced and I never saw the results I wanted. I think newbies are truly being scammed from what there tank can actually look like if you spent 5 minutes creating PPS-pro. You have more control of your nutrient variables. You also know precisely how much your dosing of micro and macro solutions. I feel this is where plants really respond well to PPS-Pro dosing. My Monte Carlo carpet has never looked so rich and full. My bucephelandras are flowering for the first time ever. So many of the plants in my tank are really taking off using GLA PPS-Pro. The containers look awesome under my cabinet and dosing is far more accurate then what you get from a half assed pump bottle that barely works. Thank you GLA for providing top quality aquarium fertilizers. My wife is finally happy and so is my wallet!
During my search for a last ditch fertilizer solution for my aquscaping needs I came to GLA for help. I calculated I was spending about $280+ a year on plant fertilizer for my aquascapes, wtf! I put an end to that rite away after talking with GLA on what direction I should go. I chose PPS-Pro last summer, and I still have more batches I can make with this one kit! Never! Never again will I buy premixed fertilizer solutions. You would be foolish to spend that kind of money on premixed solution when you can easily mix your own at home in 5 minutes. Not only that but your in complete control of your micros and macros. My aquascapes have started to thrive on this fertilizer system. Growth is much more colorful and I no longer have any green dust algae problems. PPS-Pro has been a blessing!
Thanks GLA! My aquascapes are finally turning around. I was having some issues with deficiency using my previous liquid fertilizer. While the vendor and label said the all in one solution was complete I had my doubts. Im not sure what happened but when I switched to PPS-Pro fertilizers my plants within a week took off like nothing before. I do feel the PPS system is a more clean dosing system, thats the best way I can describe it. When I dumped my All in One solution I was using previously into a glass jar, what I saw was not pleasant. To me it looked like black dirty water with loads of sediment in it. It just didnt work like PPS-Pro does. My 30g tank and bookshelf tank look really great. My HC is getting a nice rich green vs pale green and my Tonina is looking amazing. I struggled with these two plants for a good while and after switching to PPS-Pro these plants are now just plants I have to trim regularly. I no longer worry if I have enough essential nutrients because I have complete control. Gotta love that!
Im so glad I finally took the plunge for PPS Pro dosing. Ive been using it for over a year now and I calculated the amount of money I saved by not having to purchase the usual premixed fertilizer bottles. My god people! Those premixed bottles are not only horrible for the environment because you just throw them away, but they are terribly overpriced. Not only that but I also found out that the liquids made overseas contain all sorts of terrible ingredients. By using this PPS kit your not only helping the environment by not providing loads of plastic waste but your saving yourself money buy not buying new bottles of fertilizer all the time. In one year I have saved almost $100 by not having to buy premixed bottles of plant food. Its a no brainer people.
I'd been on the fence with finally making the switch to dry ferts, and so far I am very happy with the results I've seen in my plant's health since I've start using the GLA PPS-PRO Aquarium Fertilizer Package. I've never been a fan of much anything packaged in resealable bags, when given the option of getting the same product in jars it was an obvious choice for me. I find that in jars, they just store so much easier, they're stackable, cleaner to work with, and all around more convenient and less messy. The dosing bottles make mixing and dosing a breeze - though I did find that the Micros took 24+ hours to fully dissolve into distilled water - sediment seemed to linger for a couple days at most, after initially mixing. I use this primarily for a 12 gallon long tank, and was pleasantly surprised to find a pair (total) of pipettes packaged inside each the dosing bottles - which makes the small dosing quantities i require (I dose 1ml macros, 0.5ml micros for my tank) making it far more easier than what i anticipated to accurately dose than when I first looked at the bottles. I imagine for larger tank volumes, the dosing reservoir that fills when you squeeze the bottle would be quite convenient and handy when you're working with tanks in the 50+ gallon range. Moreover, I'm really satisfied with the product, and would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for (any) fertilizer, or those ready to make the switch to dry ferts and mixing their own/direct-to-tank dry dosing. A++ product, customer service and selection from the fine folks at Green Leaf Aquariums!
I'd considered just getting the dry ferts package, but am glad that I spent a little extra for the dosing bottles. They are perfect for quick measuring and I can hit multiple tanks daily in minutes. A great value on quality fertilizers for any planted aquarium.
The jars are airtight, fertilizer are easy to mix and the micro took over night to dissolve but macro dissolved immediately. The 2 dispenser that come with it has two caps. One to add fertilizer and water to mix and other to bring out small amount of fertilizer so that you can use the pipette to get desired amount of fertilizer without spilling anything or contaminating anything. There is also 2 pipette included that they do not mention. Overall great experience. Plants love it. More vibrant plant.