PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package
Our PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Package Includes:
- GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1lb/bag
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1lb/bag
- Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) - 1lb/bag
- DIY Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing Bottles (500mL) - Macros and Micros
- Graduated Transfer Pipette for dosing - qty 2
- PPS (Perpetual Preservation System) system provides daily dosing of all essential macronutrients and micronutrients vital to healthy plant growth and survival in the planted aquarium.
- The PPS-Pro system has been fine tuned in the aquarium hobby for years, and is one of the least expensive fertilizing systems designed for aquascapers of all abilities, in a heavily planted aquarium with a reasonable fish population. Water change schedule is per your preference or per tank needs, and testing is minimal with this system as conductivity readings.
- It's easy to get started with PPS-Pro dosing for your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed PPS-Pro dosing instructions to get started making your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
MgSO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)
- Magnesium (Mg) - 10.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 13.0%
GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.06%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 1.3%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 42%
- DTPA (Diethylene triamine pentaacetate) - 14%
How to dose PPS-Pro (EDTA+DTPA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- Before you start, you will need a digital scale (preferably with 2 decimal places) to weigh the fertilizers and place them in the 500mL bottles
- It's recommended to sanitize your plastic bottles prior to starting
How to Prepare the PPS DIY Stock Solution
Use your digital scale to measure the dry fertilizers and place accordingly in Macros and Micros bottles (see below measurements in grams). Next, fill bottles with distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water, up to the 500mL water level line. Screw on caps tightly and shake well. Allow solution to dissolve completely, may take 24hrs. Warm water aids in quicker dissolution.
500mL Bottle 1 - Macros:
- K2SO4 - 29.3 grams
- KNO3 - 32.6 grams
- KH2PO4 - 2.9 grams
- MgSO4 - 20.2 grams
500mL Bottle 2 - Micros (TE - Trace Elements):
- GLA EDTA+DTPA Micromix - 28.6 grams
How to dose PPS Macros and Micros daily in your aquarium
- The dosing recommendations outline below are ideal for medium and high lighting aquarium conditions. For lower light aquariums, use half the recommended dose, and for very high light double the recommended dose. Occasional monitoring of NO3 levels via conductivity readings with an inexpensive and easy TDS Meter is recommended with PPS-Pro system to adjust dosing accordingly and determine need for water change.
- For dosing the PPS system with a 50% water change once per week, review our PPS instructions for this dosing schedule based on tank lighting, otherwise follow instructions outlined below for dosing with or without occasional water change per tank needs.
Macros: daily dose of 1 mL* per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. *(1ml = 20 drops)
Micros: daily dose of 0.5 mL or 10 drops per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. (increase dose if pale new growth appears)
Total daily dose yields:
- 1ppm NO3
- 0.1ppm PO4
- 1.33ppm K
- 0.1ppm Mg
- 0.05ppm TE(trace elements)
The package that green leaf put together could not make it any easier to dose fertilizer. The instructions they give are also very easy to read and understand. This combo works excellent and my plants grow exceptionally well. Very easy to dial it in to perfection as compared to the all in ones.
Its not as intimidating as it looks. I followed the directions and read tips in reviews and this is now my all time dosing system. Im crying right now not having done this years ago. We spend so much money on Tropica fertilizer I just want to cry. I can make so many batches of fertilizer and I feel totally good about it. The plants are growing much faster and I notice a difference in my lotus and stargrass on day two. Thanks guys!
I did not realize how long this kit would last but from my basic math it should last me over a year. Thats an astonishing length of time compared to the premixed bottles I was using. With this kit you can reuse the bottles over and over again. My tank is totally happy, no complaints at all.
This is my second kit in 2 years and should have posted a review on year one. This kit is much nicer for me than the older PPS system. The DTPA in this kit is perfect for my PH in my planted aquarium. This aquarium fertilizer will last you a very long time. I mix one batch and that last me 6 months on the left side of my tank room. If I had used conventional fertilizer methods it would cost a fortune. This is pennies to the dollar and worth every penny. Mixing is easy, if you can make Kool-Aid you can mix your own aquarium fertilizer. My tanks are all glowing with growth.
This kit not only brought my tank back to life it has kept money in my bank. Im on my second batch and this kit will make loads more! I will never by a premixed off the shelf fertilizer ever again. My plants are glowing.
Switched my dosing plan from the all-in-one solutions. Those were terribly expensive and wasteful. With my single PPS kit I can make several batches lasting me several years. I did my homework and GLA's PPS with DTPA is the absolute best system you will find for a very affordable price. I got this kit with the substrate capsules they sell and my 150g tank could not be happier.
I love this dosing system because its all high quality salts and its as easy to use as any other product.
What a great kit this aquarium fertilizer system is on a few levels. First, the price is amazing when you compare it to anything off the shelf. You get to reuse your bottles over and over by creating more mixs with just this one kit. You dont have to toss the bottles when your done, you just keep making more. I love this fact from a pollution stand point. So much better than tossing your bottles away in the trash. Good on Green Leaf Aquariums for that. My 6 tanks love PPS-Pro dosing using this new micro DTPA/EDTA. If you pride yourself on your aquascapes then dont be foolish thinking a bottle of Tropica or similar will be better, because it will not. This system covers all the micros and macros and you get to tailor your mix should you feel the need. Fantastic! Thanks GLA for all the support, you have a customer for life.