PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Plant Fertilizer Package - Perpetual Preservation System
Our PPS-Pro (EDTA) Package Includes:
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1lb/bag
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1lb/bag
- Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) - 1lb/bag
- DIY Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing Bottles (500mL) - Macros and Micros
- Graduated Transfer Pipette for dosing - qty 2
- PPS (Perpetual Preservation System) system provides daily dosing of all essential macronutrients and micronutrients vital to healthy plant growth and survival in the planted aquarium.
- The PPS-Pro system has been fine tuned in the aquarium hobby for years, and is one of the least expensive fertilizing systems designed for aquascapers of all abilities, in a heavily planted aquarium with a reasonable fish population. Water change schedule is per your preference or per tank needs, and testing is minimal with this system as conductivity readings.
- It's easy to get started with PPS-Pro dosing for your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed PPS-Pro dosing instructions to get started making your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
MgSO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)
- Magnesium (Mg) - 10.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 13.0%
GLA EDTA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium (Mg) - 1.5%
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.6%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 3.8%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 65.4%
How to dose PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- Before you start, you will need a digital scale (preferably with 2 decimal places) to weigh the fertilizers and place them in the 500mL bottles
- It's recommended to sanitize your plastic bottles prior to starting
How to Prepare the PPS DIY Stock Solution
Use your digital scale to measure the dry fertilizers and place accordingly in Macros and Micros bottles (see below measurements in grams). Next, fill bottles with distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water, up to the 500mL water level line. Screw on caps tightly and shake well. Allow solution to dissolve completely, may take 24hrs. Warm water aids in quicker dissolution.
500mL Bottle 1 - Macros:
- K2SO4 - 29.3 grams
- KNO3 - 32.6 grams
- KH2PO4 - 2.9 grams
- MgSO4 - 20.2 grams
500mL Bottle 2 - Micros (TE - Trace Elements):
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 28.6 grams
How to dose PPS Macros and Micros daily in your aquarium
- The dosing recommendations outline below are ideal for medium and high lighting aquarium conditions. For lower light aquariums, use half the recommended dose, and for very high light double the recommended dose. Occasional monitoring of NO3 levels via conductivity readings with an inexpensive and easy TDS Meter is recommended with PPS-Pro system to adjust dosing accordingly and determine need for water change.
- For dosing the PPS system with a 50% water change once per week, review our PPS instructions for this dosing schedule based on tank lighting, otherwise follow instructions outlined below for dosing with or without occasional water change per tank needs.
Macros: daily dose of 1 mL* per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. *(1ml = 20 drops)
Micros: daily dose of 0.5 mL or 10 drops per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. (increase dose if pale new growth appears)
Total daily dose yields:
- 1ppm NO3
- 0.1ppm PO4
- 1.33ppm K
- 0.1ppm Mg
- 0.05ppm TE(trace elements)
Very impressed with this system, only wish I went with it years ago. Dont waste your money on disposable dosing solutions that are just so ridiculous expensive. I mean, just look what your buying and how much you get. Then come look at this system. Reusable bottles is where its at and it cost almost nothing to mix its incredible!
The best, never going back!
GLA PPS-Pro system has been working wonders on my aquascape. My plants pearl much faster in the day and I like that I can fine tune my levels, because Im making them. Mixing took minutes and shockingly surprised how little fertilizer is actually used to make one batch. Thank you GLA for proving us a much need relief in aquarium fertilizer dosing!
Yes buy this!
Im a believer. GLA PPS system is the way to go. Done with buying liquid fertilizers. This system is leaps and bounds what any other big fancy bottle will sell you. Those bottles are nothing magic, it's all just disposable waste ending up in the ocean. Mixing was super easy and I was dosing in minutes. I was shocked by how little salts I needed for one session. It goes to show what your really paying for in thos fancy premixed bottles. Save your money and go with this. This kit will last you well over a year maybe 2-3 years. Unbelievable.
Super pumped my plants are happy!
Not even sure where to start on this review, First the good stuff, the tank is loving PPS-Pro. My plants are super happy and I have minimal to no excessive nutrients. I test at the beginning and end of every week prior to water changes. Id also like to add and I feel a lot of people take this to seriously. I dont measure precise on much of anything. I mean my water level is close enough if anything its over and my salts are fairly close as I use a spoons to measure. Tank is stable,plants are happy and most importantly my wallet is no as empty as it was buying premixed solution. As an aquarium hobbyist we should be doing our part. The bottles are reusable, and the kit makes many batches! Seriously, what else do you need to know?
This is the best aquarium fertilizer hands down!
Go ahead and see for yourself. I looked at all the numbers front ways and sideways and backwards. This dosing system is now being copied by a very popular brand called Master Line RO. They basically copied one PPS dosing mix and selling it for a fortune! Look how many mixtures you can make with this kit. Now consider how much you pay for one bottle of Master Line RO or Easy Green fertilizer. You would be a fool to buy that crap! Not only is it wasteful but totally not economical for anybody, mainly the planet. I will always use PPS-Pro dosing in all my aquascapes. Kudos to GLA for thinking outside of the box. Reusable bottles, what a concept! My plants are growing with brilliance:)
easy to carry and great quality for aquarium plants, always attentive customer service, it is the best option that exists in the market... do not hesitate to buy it...
Way better than buying premixed fertilizer.
Was so done with buying bottles of premix they just go so quickly and fill up the landfills. At least with this system your using the bottles over and over again. You get premium grade fertilizer so dont think those premixed solution have some type of magic in them, because they dont. Just read the label and you will see yourself. This kit has all the micros and macros. You have enough fertilizer here to make over 100G of liquid fertilizer for $35! You pay they for just 1 bottle of Tropica. Nuff said.
Awesome fertilizer system.
Been using this a few weeks and boy my tank is loving this system. I really like the bags. They stand up so its easy to scoop your salts out when you need to mix. Mixing is simple and dosing is way more accurate with this vs a pump system. Besides my tank is loving this stuff!
This should be the new standard for aquarium dosing.
Last year I had quit using all in one solutions and Tropica fertilizers. Ive used all of them. I would switch up every 6 months to see if one would offer more than another. None of the All in one solutions from Tropica or NilocG including 2hr Aquarist seemed to put the levels my tank needed. Which I feel is due to my LED being high PAR. I still felt the all in ones were just getting me buy. Fast forward to today, 2 years later Im buying my second pack. I think my last pack would have lasted longer but I tested with EI dosing and did not like it. With PPS you have options. You can dose per water change or no water change. To me, this day and age is why we should all consider dosing PPS Pro. One of these kits will last 10x longer than one all in one solution. Thats because you can make many many batches of both Micros and macros. The best part? You get to tune your mixture as the tank matures. Tune? Yes, stem plants wanting less nitrate, no problem, go lean on kno3 in the mix. Watch your red plants pop! You are not going to achieve this with an All-In-One solution fertilizer. This kit is beyond economical, but produces results. And when you notice results you can fine tune your mix just to play around. PPS-Pro is where its at.
Buy this it will save you loads!
So happy I pulled the trigger on this. My tank is bangin with growth and my wallet is happy. I was using all in one solutions but that was getting wasteful and expensive. With this PPS kit you can make several bottles of mixture over and over. This kit is 100% complete, NPK and micros, including Iron. Dont be a sucker like I was buying premixed solutions. Buy that if your lazy and wasteful.
Fantastic results from my plants finally!
Couldn't be happier, extremely affordable fertilizer system that will last me over a year. Easy mixing directions and my plants were being fed. After about, 2 months my tank was blown over with growth. I now have trimming to take to my local club and to sell its incredible! This kit is paying me back already!
First time using this and wow!
Total newb to this type of dosing coming from bottled liquid stuff. I only chose those methods because I thought it was a long term solution, no pun intended. It ended up being to short term for my tank of 75g. I spent a lot of money and created more waste than I cared for as I’m trying to cut down. This dosing system is perfect and I know I’ll get over a years use out of only one kit. My plants are growing much better than they ever have. Even my garden outside was going better due to my tanks water changes.
Wisest aquarium fertilizer system to use these days.
I can make so much fertilizer with this one kit. I no longer feel guilty throwing away one use bottles any longer. My plants responds so much faster and I can tune my mixture for my needs. I love this!
Wonderful complete dosing system.
This system has changed the life of my tank completely. This is a very affordable kit. I feel better about mixing my own and love I can make so many batches with one kit. I will no longer dose any other way. Everybody needs to make a change for the future in baby steps to better the earth. With this dosing kit I can keep reusing the bottles over and over and over. No more just using up and tossing into the landfill. Worth every penny.
Economical and very high quality aquarium fertilizer dosing system.
My tank is beaming with vigor. I love the ability to fine tune certain elements for my aquascape. This kit you can make many batches of two 500ml bottles. This is one heck of a bargain and the nutrients are the best of the best. Complete micro and macro elements, including iron!
Planted aquarium fertilizer made easy.
4 weeks in on using PPS-Pro. This kit has already saved me money. Not only that but helps keep empty bottles out of the ocean. I ran through so much all in one fertilizer solutions it was getting ridiculous. This system has my tank growing like never before now that I have more accurate dosing and control. This system can literally make years worth of fertilizer for your tank. You get all micros and macros, nothing is missing!
If I could give more stars I would
This stuff is incredible. I accidentally used too much before a business trip. Reached out to customer service and they got right back to me telling me it would be fine. I came back 6 days later to plants growing out the top of my 90gal aquarium. They seriously over tripled in size. I would post pictures if I could. This has to be seen to be believed!! Best part....it didn’t harm my fish or snails. This will be the ONLY product going in my aquarium from now on!
This is the best I’ve used
Pro kit plants loveit
I like this dosing system much better than my premixed options. This is much better because you actually know what your dosing, and exactly how much. GLA does a great job with this system. Delivery and packaging was fantastic.
PPS-PRO AQUARIUM FERTILIZER PACKAGE (BAGS)
Was a little skeptical because it was my first time using dry fertilizer. But my plants Love it Awesome product!! I will definitely be ordering again