GLA Infinite Nature Filter SS/5L - Stainless Steel Aquarium Canister Jet Filter
- Designed for up to 60cm nature aquarium tank
- Experience GLA's Infinite Nature aquarium canister filter, solid stainless steel professional aquarium canister filter with strong suction, adjustable water speed and high filtration capacity/capability for freshwater planted aquariums.
- Modern, innovative design encourages richly oxygenated water to activate colonization of beneficial bacteria and promote biological filtration.
- External pump design reduces internal heat transfer and protect beneficial bacteria for improved biological filtration.
- Heavy duty and super silent aquarium pump design
- Handcrafted stainless steel perfection for everyday life, designed to last.
- Elite performance and distinct elegance, exquisitely built to last and never look back.
- Zero bypass of filtration media
- Hand assembled in the USA
- Series: GLA Infinite Nature Filter SS/5L
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity / Filtration Volume: 5L
- Compatible Aquarium Length Recommendation: up to 60cm tank
- External Size: 16 x 40 cm (includes pump height)
- Diameter: 16cm
- Canister Height (without lid cover and pump): 25cm
- Height with Pump: 40cm
- Inlet / Inflow: 16/22mm hose size (single inlet port)
- Outlet / Outflow: 16/22mm hose size (includes 12/16mm optional adapter) (single outlet port)
- Included Pump: DC Pump 24V, 4-18W, includes Variable Speed Pump Controller
- Power Input: AC100 – 240V
- Flow Rate: 100 - 1500L/H, max 25L/min (adjustable flow)
- Maximum Pump Head (Hmax): 2.9m
- Operation Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Operation Noise: Super Silent Design Pump
- for Freshwater Aquariums use only
Contents Included in Box
- Stainless Canister, includes: Canister O-ring and seat, welded buckles, and welded inflow opening
- Stainless Canister Top Panel/Plate (lid), includes: DC pump head with attachment accessories, and welded outflow opening
- Hose bands/clips
- Filtration hose for inflow and outflow - single 10ft/3m length section included
- Stainless upper and lower strainer inserts for canister
- (inflow and outflow filter pipes are not included)
- (filtration media is not included)
|Infinite Nature Filter SS/5L
|Infinite Nature Filter SS/10L
|Infinite Nature Filter SS/15L
|Infinite Nature Filter SS/22L
|up to 60cm
|up to 100cm
|up to 120cm
|up to 200cm
|12/16mm or 16/22mm
|12/16mm or 16/22mm
|12/16mm or 16/22mm
|12/16mm or 16/22mm
|DC 24V, 4-18W
|DC 24V, 4-25W
|DC 24V, 4-25W
|DC 24V, 4-40W
This is a very good filter and it filters our tank without issue. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because I could not enter 4.5 stars. The only issue I had was the tubing had a kink when it arrived. Luckily it was in the middle where you cut it anyways. Its very strong and I can only use it at 50%. 100% would blow my substrate around. Hopefully GLA gets the quick disconnects in stock soon because I need them!
I say small because its much smaller than my 22l canister. Super efficient and moves a ton of water if you need. I have this on my 60cm tank and I absolutely love these filters. I just dont care for clear tubing because it only looks good when its clean. I spoke with GLA about this and they are working on a new range of colored filter tubing.
I like this filter, a lot. I dont know why more companies dont build filters like this. I do think Eheim has 2 types that perform just like this. The 2262 and 2217. This filter is a powerful filter and it keeps my tank spotless.
We love it! You are going to be surprised how much media you fit in this filter. I like that it has 100% zero bypass of unfiltered water. Every drop pass's through media. GLA provides you a nice big bag for holding media, very nice. Some minor assembly of course. All the compression fittings are finger tight only. When you assemble the parts dont act like a gorilla. Use your fingers to tighten softly. This 5L filter is a powerhouse of a filter and its in my opinion they should increase the rating capacity for it because it can handle a bigger tank without issue.
This filter is an absolute powerhouse. It says for 60cm tank but clearly its working fine on my 90g tank. These DC pumps are powerful and not only that but consider this. The amount of media inside this filter is more than what Oase's largest filter can hold. Mind blown! The pump on these filters bolts directly to the lid. It has a fully welded bracket with a pump mount bracket with stainless steel bolts. Some assembly is required but its super easy. I use the smaller Infinite co2 reactor with this and no problems at all. Co2 is 100% saturated and I use only one heater with my reactor. Everything has been awesome I love it.
What a gem! I love this filter, it packs huge power in such a small space. Fun fact, this has more power than the biggest Oase filter and holds more media, lol. I know because I added all my Oase Thermo filter media inside and had room left over. When you think about that. its quite ridiculous. My huge Oase filter compared to this is no match because the GLA filter over powers and filters. It is more audible than Oase but thats to be expected with an external pump, although its quite on par so its no brainer. I will always buy GLA filters from here on out.
They say it’s for tanks up to 60cm. I’m sorry but this works perfectly on my 120 tank. Yes, it’s tiny but this pump blast water. But I get the media is not as much in comparison to the rest they have. Fun fact: this holds more media than Oases largest filter. I swear, I’ll never buy one of those basket style filters ever again.
A nice heavy and solid filter. I bought it because I got tired of CO2 diffusers - micro bubbles and CO2 dead spots. Regular canister filters are usually too weak to maintain strong flow for CO2 reactors to dissolve CO2. This filter has a work horse pump that deals with the issue without a problem. I'm very happy with it. Definitely use hose connector valves on both in/out hoses for easier maintenance. Priming can be a challenge.
This filter is a small bad ass powerhouse. These DC pumps move some water! I only use mine at 20% power. Very nice filter and very well made. I really like the fact my pump is bolted down and the bracket mount is welded to the top lid. Super nice.
I did not think it was going to be this powerful. The pumps are super strong and was happy to see I control the GPH. I run mine at 20% on a 40g breeder. I absolutely love it.
Surprisingly very powerful for a small filter. I only use this at 30% because anything above that is just to much flow. Its a beautiful filter.
You could go with any old standard Fluval,Rena or Oase but why do that when you can use this? Seriously why choose an inferior filter made of plastic when you can get this bad boy. I swear the power of the pump is insane and I can’t see anybody using it at 100% in a smaller average size aquascape. These things are absolutely amazing!
Buy this, don’t buy any other option. It’s really that simple. I swear, all these other filters are just plastic junk.
Oh it was so cute! And big all wrapped into one. This 5 liter canister had it all. I debated for a while and my husband got me the GLA gift certificate. I already had the GLA DS co2 system and this baby matched things so well. My tank water is so clear! My god the water movement and control you have is so wonderful. So in luv!
Your looking at the best filter money can buy. This thing is an absolute beast packed into this tiny can! The pump bracket is laser welded to perfection and you can tell the people at GLA assemble and pack with exceptional care. I like that they are a US based company with support a click away. This is not your average toy plastic filter. This is a purpose built filter that is serious about filtration. I use mostly GLA ceramic media with some Purigen and the tank is getting more flow now than my previous Oase filter. The can will last me a lifetime, you cant say that about any other filter.
This is the best filter and one of the best customer service, before and after sale, I’ve ever had. I’ll buy another one as soon as I get a new tank.
This filter is everything a filter should be. Billet proof,extremely powerful pump and maximum media filtration. It looks beautiful and is just brilliant in form and function. I’ll be buying the larger one as soon as my next tank arrives!
I love this filter, oh my gosh people. The pictures do no justice. This filter outshines everything in my house. It’s built like a tank and is beautiful like a butterfly. I chose the smaller filter thinking it would be perfect for my 40g tank. Well, after booking it up it has enough power in my opinion to filter a monster tank, maybe it’s just me but this filter packs more flow than my big Oase filter. Of course I had to order the GLA co2 system to match my filter system lol. My cabinet space is showcase worthy
I love it, powerful and robust. Although I wish the quick disconnects were available but I’m told they will be shipping them out as soon as they arrive. I’m definitely looking for a collection:)
This filter is everything thats amazing in an aquarium filter. I wish it came with double taps but I was told they will be on the way, so excited! Good lord this filter is simply beautiful. This filter does not require the need for any sponge or filter floss. All thats required is your choice of ceramic media(bio-media). EMail customer support and they will explain this all to you. Zero bypass so your water comes out crystal clear. However I would recommend Seachem Purigen in any planted tank.