Estimative Index EI - Best Aquarium Fertilizer Package
Our Estimative Index EI Package includes:
- GLA EDTA Micromix (M) - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) (N) - 1lb/bag
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) (P) - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) (K) - 1lb/bag
- Estimative Index/EI is a planted aquarium fertilizing system based on routine high dosing of dry micro (M) and macro (NPK) nutrients. The underlying principle is to dose more nutrients weekly than the aquarium plants require. This ensure that nutrients are in adequate supply without plant deficiencies; and algae growth in the aquarium is properly controlled through a balance of fertilizing, high lighting, a densely planted aquascape, and a stable CO2 supply (at 30ppm). During an EI dosing week, micros and macros are alternated daily for six days, followed by a 50% water change on Sundays to reset nutrient levels in the aquarium and remove excess nutrients.
- Test kits / nutrient testing of aquarium water is not required with the EI system, although it is recommended to monitor CO2 saturation in your aquarium with a CO2 drop checker to confirm its at 30ppm.
- It's easy to get started with EI routine fertilizing your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed Estimative Index instructions to make your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
GLA EDTA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium (Mg) - 1.5%
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.6%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 3.8%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 65.4%
How to dose Estimative Index Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- You will need a set of dedicated teaspoons for EI dosing
- Follow our EI dosing chart below for the appropriate dose (in teaspoons/tsp) for your aquarium size (in gallons).
- Dose each three times per week for 6 days total. Dose the Micros and Macros on alternating days, for example: dose Macros on M,W,and F and dose Micros on T,TH,and Sat.
- Perform a 50% water change (or more as desired) on day seven (Sunday), weekly.
- KNO3 - 1/8 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/32 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/32 tsp
- MICROS - 1/32 tsp
- KNO3 - 1/4 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/16 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/16 tsp
- MICROS - 1/16 tsp
- KNO3 - 1/2 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/8 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/8 tsp
- MICROS - 1/8 tsp
- KNO3 - 3/4 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 3/16 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/4 tsp
- MICROS - 1/4 tsp
- KNO3 - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/2 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/2 tsp
- MICROS - 1/2 tsp
Total daily dose/10gal yields (ppm): (dose each 3 times per week, alternating Macros and Micros)
To reach your target of 7.5ppm NO3 you will need to add 463 milligrams (equivalent to 1/16 tsp ) KNO3 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- NO3 7.5ppm
- N 1.69ppm
- K 4.73ppm
To reach your target of 7.5ppm K you will need to add 633 milligrams (equivalent to 1/16 tsp + 1/32 tsp ) K2SO4 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- K 7.5ppm
- S 3.08ppm
To reach your target of 1.3ppm PO4 you will need to add 90 milligrams (equivalent to 1/64 tsp ) K2HPO4 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- PO4 1.3ppm
- P 0.42ppm
- K 1.07ppm
To reach your target of 0.2ppm Fe you will need to add 116 milligrams (equivalent to 1/64 tsp ) GLA EDTA Micromix to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- Fe 0.2ppm
- Mn 0.057ppm
- Cu 0.003ppm
- Mg 0.043ppm
- Zn 0.011ppm
- Mo 0.002ppm
- B 0.025ppm
- dGH 0.01
Ive never used this type of fertilizer before. I always used liquid but felt my tank was always lacking so I gave this a try. I noticed improvement in only 3 days time. Dosing is easy and quite fun. My plants are much more happy and that makes me happy:)
Just started first week of e.I dosing and seeing some new growth good stuff
This is the "total package" for EI dosing, in re-sealable bags, at a great price.
As always, gla is rock solid. I have used these in the past with good success. Next Time though, I think I’ll spring for the jars instead of the packets.
Fast shipping and super great service. This is my 3rd EI kit with GLA in the last 6 years, totally happy and always a return customer.
As a beginner I was very skeptical if I would be able to use dry fertilizers in my aquariums( I have 3). The first thing I noticed was how quickly my plants responded to using GLA fertilizers. After only a few days of dosing I was shooting myself in the foot for not going this route a year ago. I would have saved myself loads of money not buying these all in one fertilizers in premixed bottles. This is so easy to do and will cost you pennies compared to liquid dosing. If your just starting out dont hesitate to go with GLA fertilizers because its super easy. It also cost next to nothing compared to liquid fertilizers, what a waste of money.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I have ordered this package. I really keeps the plants healthy and growing. Always fast shipping and good communication. Good product & company.
Its definitely worth trying. My plants are growing like crazy. Even new plants act like nothing has happened and just start to grow and be happy. Im currently using co2 around 20ppm and everything is well balanced now. I was trying to use seachem products and they were not working very well at all for me.
This is a great little bundle to get started with ei dosing. It includes macros and micros, as well as easy to follow dosing instructions on one of the bags. The only thing that could improve this bundle would be a set of measuring spoons, dosing for smaller tanks is as little as 1/32 of a teaspoon a day, it would be nice if tiny measuring spoons were included for these smaller ammounts. I used larger measuring spoons to make a dilution with water which works, but dry dosing is probably easier. Overall I would still highly recommend though!
Better packaging in black bags than the older clear bags. Ferts will keep longer.