Common Name: Alternanthera Reineckii Rosanervig (GLA Potted Plant)
This robust variety has bright pink leaves with light veins. The plant is compact in shape and the stalk does not develop as robustly as other Alternanthera. Alternanthera Rosanervig is perfectly suitable for planting in the back or middle of the aquarium, as well as in the front if properly cut. Good light and fertilizer conditions, as well as CO2 addition are all factors essential to lush growth and vibrant color development, for all Alternanthera varieties.
Make cautious modifications to the aquarium to avoid unstable tank conditions that can cause plant melting and decay. Stems can also be propagated by cutting and floating trimmings in the aquarium. Roots will grow and they may be re-planted. To propagate, you can cut off the terminal bud and plant clippings in the soil; because more side shoots are generated as a result of this, the mother plant becomes bushier.
Plant the stems in groups without planting them too tightly together for an improved foliage effect. Alternanthera Reineckii Rosanervig offers great coverage and provides sanctuary for aquarium life and can be trimmed to maintain your desired growth.
- Family Name: Amaranthaceae
- Origin: Central/South America
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- Care: Easy to Moderate
- Light: Medium to High
- Propagation: Cut stem and replant
- Growth rate: Moderate to Fast
- Type: Stem
- Origin: Cultivar
- Height: 5 - 20+
- CO2 : +/-30ppm
How to Plant, Grow and Care for Alternanthera Reineckii Rosanervig in your Planted Aquarium
- Alternanthera variety make an excellent midground or background choice for your aquascape. Use tweezers to plant stems in clusters not too close together.
- Alternanthera prove colorful and easy to maintain under the proper conditions of: nutrient rich substrate, regular fertilizing (especially nitrate, phosphate and iron), 30ppm CO2, medium to high lighting, and regular trimming and pruning to maintain your aquascape.
- Always research first and make cautious modifications to your aquarium to avoid unstable tank conditions that can cause plant melting and decay.
- CO2 injection is highly recommended for your aquascape. CO2 is recommended around +/-30ppm.
- A well researched aquarium fertilizing routine is recommended for your plant(s) to grow healthy, vibrant in color, and be nutrient deficiency and algae free.
- Your aquarium plants will grow best in adequate lighting, medium to high lighting is recommended.
- Even the easiest aquarium plants require adequate and regular maintenance and care to keep your aquarium ecosystem healthy.
- Trim your plants appropriately with sharp scissors to prune and/or propagate and to maintain your desired aquascape.
- Keep your aquarium pH and general hardness (GH) stable and targeted to your aquascape plan. Aquarium pH of 6-8 is recommended for your plants.
- Use nutrient rich soil substrate in your aquarium to give your plants the best start.
Why Shop GLA Greenhouse - Aquatic Plant Nursery
- We take pride in our aquarium plants and we only ship immaculate, happy and healthy plants.
- We are excited to offer you the finest quality plants, an expert crafted selection of unique, beautiful, and rare species to ensure your aquascape is a masterpiece.
- GLA potted plants will give you a healthy start to your planted aquarium; of course you will need to research the appropriate tank conditions, lighting, substrate, CO2 and nutrients etc. for your aquascape to ensure your plants grow and thrive, but that's all part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
GLA's Arrive Alive (DOA) Guarantee for your Aquarium Plants
ARRIVE ALIVE (DOA) GUARANTEE COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
Select UPS 2 Day or UPS Next Day Air shipping for DOA coverage. DOA guarantee does not cover plants or tissue cultures shipped with Standard, Ground, Priority, Parcel or Free shipping methods.
- We have an exceptional practiced and proven plant packaging system and therefore our customers experience minimal to no DOA plants. We guarantee our plants will arrive alive to your door, and if they don't, we will absolutely make it right.
- DOA plant claims can be reported to GLA at our email email@example.com on the day of order delivery. DOA claims must be accompanied by photos as evidence.
TO DECLINE DOA COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
You can select USPS Priority Mail shipping, however, we do not offer DOA coverage or free ice packs for plants shipped with USPS. If you want ice packs in your USPS shipment, you can purchase ice packs here. If plants arrive dead we cannot offer refunds, replacements or credit for the loss.