Common Name: Alternanthera Reineckii Rosaefolia (GLA Potted Plant)
Alternanthera Reineckii Roseafolia is a colorful aquarium stem plant with long red and green leaves, which provide stunning contrast to green aquarium plants. AR Roseafolia is a beautiful and adaptable plant for any aquarium, from novice to expert. Hobbyists enjoy cultivating this stem plant since it is stunning.
Alternanthera is a low-maintenance plant that may be grown in a variety of conditions. It does, however, need some care. To improve the color of the red leaves, use iron rich soil substrate. You must give this plant with a ferrous fertilizer on a regular basis to maintain it in good health. If you give this plant strong lighting and iron-rich substrate, it will thrive. Alternanthera thrives on rich soil, CO2, and frequent fertilization to stimulate development and preserve vivid color. Iron is particularly helpful for plant growth. If you want the leaves to be vibrant in color, keep your aquarium lights bright. Make cautious modifications to the aquarium to avoid conditions that might result in plant melting and decay.
Alternanthera are a genus of freshwater tropical plants native to South and Central America. It's a fast-growing plant that can reach up to the water column and vary significantly in color and form depending on how it is lit, pruned, and fed. When it grows tall and reaches the water's surface, trim the stem base and replant the cuttings in the soil. You can propagate cuttings in an aquarium by cutting them and floating them. Roots will develop, and you can then plant the clippings in the soil. The trimmed mother plant will grow into a bushier plant. Plant on the back or sides of your aquarium. Plant the stems in groups without planting them too close together. AR Rosaefolia grows well as a background plant, and it also provides a refuge for aquarium life.
- Common Name: AR Rosaefolia
- Family Name: Amaranthaceae
- Origin: South America
- Height: 8-12”
- pH: 5.0-7.0
- Care: Medium
- Light: Medium to High
- CO2: +/-30ppm
- Propagation: Cut stem, new growth, or lateral shoots
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Requirements: easy, needs strong light and fertilizer
- Growth Form: Stem
- Growth Rate: Fast
- True Aquatic: Yes
- Placement in Tank: Mid-ground to background
How to Plant, Grow and Care for Alternanthera Reineckii Rosaefolia in your Planted Aquarium
- Alternanthera variety make an excellent midground or background choice for your aquascape. Use tweezers to plant stems in clusters not too close together.
- Alternanthera prove colorful and easy to maintain under the proper conditions of: nutrient rich substrate, regular fertilizing (especially nitrate, phosphate and iron), 30ppm CO2, medium to high lighting, and regular trimming and pruning to maintain your aquascape.
- Always research first and make cautious modifications to your aquarium to avoid unstable tank conditions that can cause plant melting and decay.
- CO2 injection is highly recommended for your aquascape. CO2 is recommended around +/-30ppm.
- A well researched aquarium fertilizing routine is recommended for your plant(s) to grow healthy, vibrant in color, and be nutrient deficiency and algae free.
- Your aquarium plants will grow best in adequate lighting, medium to high lighting is recommended.
- Even the easiest aquarium plants require adequate and regular maintenance and care to keep your aquarium ecosystem healthy.
- Trim your plants appropriately with sharp scissors to prune and/or propagate and to maintain your desired aquascape.
- Keep your aquarium pH and general hardness (GH) stable and targeted to your aquascape plan. Aquarium pH of 6-8 is recommended for your plants.
- Use nutrient rich soil substrate in your aquarium to give your plants the best start.
Why Shop GLA Greenhouse - Aquatic Plant Nursery
- We take pride in our aquarium plants and we only ship immaculate, happy and healthy plants.
- We are excited to offer you the finest quality plants, an expert crafted selection of unique, beautiful, and rare species to ensure your aquascape is a masterpiece.
- GLA potted plants will give you a healthy start to your planted aquarium; of course you will need to research the appropriate tank conditions, lighting, substrate, CO2 and nutrients etc. for your aquascape to ensure your plants grow and thrive, but that's all part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
GLA's Arrive Alive (DOA) Guarantee for your Aquarium Plants
ARRIVE ALIVE (DOA) GUARANTEE COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
Select UPS 2 Day or UPS Next Day Air shipping for DOA coverage. DOA guarantee does not cover plants or tissue cultures shipped with Standard, Ground, Priority, First Class, Parcel or Free shipping methods.
- We have an exceptional practiced and proven plant packaging system and therefore our customers experience minimal to no DOA plants. We guarantee our plants will arrive alive to your door, and if they don't, we will absolutely make it right.
- DOA plant claims can be reported to GLA at our email email@example.com on the day of order delivery. DOA claims must be accompanied by photos as evidence.
TO DECLINE DOA COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
You can select USPS Priority Mail shipping, however, we do not offer DOA coverage or free ice/heat packs for plants shipped with USPS. If plants arrive dead we cannot offer refunds, replacements or credit for the loss.
Very colorful. Will be anxious to see how it thrives