Common Name: Alternanthera Reineckii Pink (Tropica Potted Plant)
Alternanthera reineckii Pink is a South American native. AR Pink leaves have a pink underside, which makes them stand out in an aquarium filled with green plants. Stems grow to be around 25 to 50 centimeters tall. The leaves change color to red when exposed to bright light and provided with regular fertilizer, especially iron. It's simple to propagate by cutting off the terminal bud and planting it in the substrate, also resulting in the mother plant to become more bushy since additional side shoots are produced.
- Type: Stem
- Origin: South America
- Growth rate: Medium
- Height: 20 - 30+
- Light demand: Medium
- CO2 : +/-30ppm
How to Plant, Grow and Care for Alternanthera Reineckii Pink in your Planted Aquarium
- Alternanthera variety make an excellent midground or background choice for your aquascape. Use tweezers to plant stems in clusters not too close together.
- Alternanthera prove colorful and easy to maintain under the proper conditions of: nutrient rich substrate, regular fertilizing (especially nitrate, phosphate and iron), 30ppm CO2, medium to high lighting, and regular trimming and pruning to maintain your aquascape.
- Always research first and make cautious modifications to your aquarium to avoid unstable tank conditions that can cause plant melting and decay.
- CO2 injection is highly recommended for your aquascape. CO2 is recommended around +/-30ppm.
- A well researched aquarium fertilizing routine is recommended for your plant(s) to grow healthy, vibrant in color, and be nutrient deficiency and algae free.
- Your aquarium plants will grow best in adequate lighting, medium to high lighting is recommended.
- Even the easiest aquarium plants require adequate and regular maintenance and care to keep your aquarium ecosystem healthy.
- Trim your plants appropriately with sharp scissors to prune and/or propagate and to maintain your desired aquascape.
- Keep your aquarium pH and general hardness (GH) stable and targeted to your aquascape plan. Aquarium pH of 6-8 is recommended for your plants.
- Use nutrient rich soil substrate in your aquarium to give your plants the best start.
Why Shop GLA Greenhouse - Aquatic Plant Nursery
- We take pride in our aquarium plants and we only ship immaculate, happy and healthy plants.
- We are excited to offer you the finest quality plants, an expert crafted selection of unique, beautiful, and rare species to ensure your aquascape is a masterpiece.
- Tropica Nursery potted plants will give you a healthy start to your planted aquarium; of course you will need to research the appropriate tank conditions, lighting, substrate, CO2 and nutrients etc. for your aquascape to ensure your plants grow and thrive, but that's all part of the enjoyment of the hobby.
GLA's Arrive Alive (DOA) Guarantee for your Aquarium Plants
ARRIVE ALIVE (DOA) GUARANTEE COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
Select UPS 2 Day or UPS Next Day Air shipping for DOA coverage. DOA guarantee does not cover plants or tissue cultures shipped with Standard, Ground, Priority, First Class, Parcel or Free shipping methods.
- We have an exceptional practiced and proven plant packaging system and therefore our customers experience minimal to no DOA plants. We guarantee our plants will arrive alive to your door, and if they don't, we will absolutely make it right.
- DOA plant claims can be reported to GLA at our email firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of order delivery. DOA claims must be accompanied by photos as evidence.
TO DECLINE DOA COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
You can select USPS Priority Mail shipping, however, we do not offer DOA coverage or free ice/heat packs for plants shipped with USPS. If plants arrive dead we cannot offer refunds, replacements or credit for the loss.
I was worried about standard $12 USPS shipping in November to CT. It took a while but my plants look like they were shipped yesterday! I couldn’t be more pleased. Thanks
GLA is Americas premium quality plant supplier. I say premium because they simply have better everything, all the time. They have a rather large selective menu but maybe not nearly as large as others. They certainly gained my business. This pot arrived super pink/red. More stems than I actually needed. I dont even use the potted root portions. I just cut the tops off at the halfway point and plant. Loving GLA plants.