Potassium Nitrate KNO3 - Best Fertilizer for Planted Aquarium
- Provides Nitrogen (N) and Potassium (K) to aquarium plants. Macronutrients essential for healthy plant growth and survival.
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3), is an essential Nitrogen (N) Fertilizer for Planted Aquarium chlorophyll and photosynthesis.
- Nitrogen (N) is essential for chlorophyll production. Potassium (K) aids protein synthesis and for plants to metabolize Iron (Fe). Nitrogen is an essential component of chlorophyll, the green plant pigment responsible for photosynthesis. Nitrogen is vital to all living cells and is a necessary part of all proteins, enzymes and metabolic processes of energy synthesis and transfer. Nitrogen helps plants with rapid plant growth and healthy leaf quality. Nitrogen deficiency creates an imbalance in plants, resulting in stunted and slow growth rate, chlorosis (yellowing of older leaves), die off of older leaves, and new leaves are small and crippled. Potassium deficiency causes holes on older leaves. To remedy Nitrogen deficiency, increase the levels of available Potassium Nitrate (KNO3). Aquatic plants absorb nitrogen from nitrates (NO3). Ideal source of nitrates (NO3) is Potassium Nitrate (KNO3).
- aids in chlorophyll, photosynthesis, proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, amino acids, potassium absorption, metabolism, rapid growth and leaf quality
Deficiency Symptoms: interveinal chlorosis of older leaves, crippled new leaves, slow/stopped plant growth
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
How to dose Potassium Nitrate KNO3 in your planted aquarium
Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods
Expect an increase of 1ppm NO3 per every 62 milligrams (equivalent to less than 1/64 tsp) KNO3 added to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- NO3 1ppm
- N 0.23ppm
- K 0.63ppm
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I purchased this along side with some Phosphates from GLA for my reef tank. The reef community is loving the results using GLA fertilizer. Increasing the nitrate in my tank has never been easier. I struggled to keep my nitrate existing not to mention my phosphates. Thanks GLA for providing us reef folks with a great set of products at a fantastic bargain.
I've been using these for a very long time (years) and they last forever. Plants do really well.
I had been using GLA dry ferts for last 4 years. They r very reliable and best in market as per my exp. Their packaging is very good.
Great product, easy to use and reliable.