Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 - Aquarium Macronutrient
- provides Phosphorous (P) and Potassium (K) to aquarium plants, essential macronutrients for healthy plant growth and survival.
- Mono Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4), provides essential K and P aquarium macronutrients, vital to plant growth and ATP energy transfer.
- Available to plants in aquarium as phosphates compound (PO4), functions as plant food, and commonly sourced from organic waste from fish and plant decay. For plants to thrive and be free of algae, phosphates must be in optimal concentration. For example, tanks with higher lighting and less fish load will need to supplement PO4. Phosphates may be present in both organic and inorganic forms, both readily used and critical in plants. All energy transfers depend on phosphates, and the lack of sufficient PO4 will result in stunted growth and discoloration.
- aids in cell membrane function, plants food, phospholipids, nucleic acids DNA and RNA, enzymes, Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) energy transfer
Deficiency Symptoms: early stunted growth of plants and plant roots, darker coloration/discoloration, algae*
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
How to dose Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 in your planted aquarium
Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods
Expect an increase of 0.1ppm PO4 per every 6.94 milligrams (equivalent to less than 1/64 tsp) KH2PO4 added to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- PO4 0.1ppm
- P 0.03ppm
- K 0.08ppm
I use a fraction of a teaspoon of this in my 80 gallon planted aquarium 3x a week. A tub lasts me over a year as part of my EI schedule.
I use this product to raise phosphates in my saltwater aquarium. I have used other more expensive products in the past. This product is very effective, longer lasting and less expensive than the other products I have used