Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 - Fertilizer for Aquarium
- provides Phosphorous (P) and Potassium (K) to aquarium plants, essential macronutrients for healthy plant growth and survival.
- We source the world's best Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) fertilizer for aquarium plants, guaranteed. Essential for protein synthesis (K) and photosynthesis (P), your plants will thrive.
- Available to plants in aquarium as phosphates compound (PO4), functions as plant food, and commonly sourced from organic waste from fish and plant decay. For plants to thrive and be free of algae, phosphates must be in optimal concentration. For example, tanks with higher lighting and less fish load will need to supplement PO4. Phosphates may be present in both organic and inorganic forms, both readily used and critical in plants. All energy transfers depend on phosphates, and the lack of sufficient PO4 will result in stunted growth and discoloration.
- aids in cell membrane function, plants food, phospholipids, nucleic acids DNA and RNA, enzymes, Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) energy transfer
Deficiency Symptoms: early stunted growth of plants and plant roots, darker coloration/discoloration, algae*
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
How to dose Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4 in your planted aquarium
Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods
Expect an increase of 1ppm PO4 per every 69 milligrams (equivalent to less than 1/64 tsp) KH2PO4 added to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- PO4 1ppm
- P 0.33ppm
- K 0.82ppm
Fertilizer just as described
Great packaging, re-sealable metallized plastic pouch keeps the KH2SO4 dry, dark and clean. Fast, easy delivery and great price.
I know the plant guys love this stuff but I have to add that we reef hobbyist love this for increasing po4 in our reef tanks. Thanks GLA!