Common Name: Hemianthus Callitrichoides Cuba (HC) (GLA Tissue Culture)
How to Plant, Grow and Care for Hemianthus Callitrichoides Cuba (HC) in your Planted Aquarium
- GLA tissue culture plants are derived from very small pieces of mother plants and manufactured in sterile laboratory conditions, producing healthy and high quality plants enclosed in a cup with a fertile gel.
- GLA tissue culture plants are guaranteed free of pesticides, algae spores, rockwool, snails and other unwanted organisms.
- One TC cup plant can be divided into many small portions to cover a large aquascape area. Plants are compact from the start, provided proper fertilizer and CO2, you will experience dense and beautiful growth. Just don't open the plant cup to peek inside until you are ready to plant it in your tank, you don't want to contaminate it's environment.
- To plant, carefully remove plant from TC cup, wash the jelly away from the plant, use sharp scissors to divide into several small portions and then plant portions into the substrate carefully with tweezers. You can also affix small portions to lava rock and push the rock carefully into the substrate.
- Always research first and make cautious modifications to your aquarium to avoid unstable tank conditions that can cause plant melting and decay.
- CO2 injection is highly recommended for your aquascape. CO2 is recommended around +/-30ppm.
- A well researched aquarium fertilizing routine is recommended for your plant(s) to grow healthy, vibrant in color, and be nutrient deficiency and algae free.
- Your aquarium plants will grow best in adequate lighting, medium to high lighting is recommended.
- Even the easiest aquarium plants require adequate and regular maintenance and care to keep your aquarium ecosystem healthy.
- Trim your plants appropriately with sharp scissors to prune and/or propagate and to maintain your desired aquascape.
- Keep your aquarium pH and general hardness (GH) stable and targeted to your aquascape plan. Aquarium pH of 6-8 is recommended for your plants.
- Use nutrient rich soil substrate in your aquarium to give your plants the best start.
Why Shop GLA Greenhouse - Aquatic Plant Nursery
- We are excited to offer you the finest quality plants, an expert crafted selection of unique, beautiful, and rare species to ensure your aquascape is a masterpiece.
- We take pride in our aquarium tissue culture plants, we are excited to offer you the finest quality plants, an expert crafted selection of unique, beautiful, and rare species for the best start to your planted aquascape.
- GLA in vitro tissue culture plants will give you a healthy start to your planted aquarium; grow a lush thriving aquascape with young plants free of algae and snails.
GLA's Arrive Alive (DOA) Guarantee for your Aquarium Plants
ARRIVE ALIVE (DOA) GUARANTEE COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
Select UPS 2 Day or UPS Next Day Air shipping for DOA coverage. DOA guarantee does not cover plants or tissue cultures shipped with Standard, Ground, Priority, First Class, Parcel or Free shipping methods.
- We have an exceptional practiced and proven plant packaging system and therefore our customers experience minimal to no DOA plants. We guarantee our plants will arrive alive to your door, and if they don't, we will absolutely make it right.
- DOA plant claims can be reported to GLA at our email [email protected] on the day of order delivery. DOA claims must be accompanied by photos as evidence.
TO DECLINE DOA COVERAGE ON LIVE PLANTS:
You can select USPS Priority Mail shipping, however, we do not offer DOA coverage or free ice/heat packs for plants shipped with USPS. If plants arrive dead we cannot offer refunds, replacements or credit for the loss.
Plants were in very good shape, with plenty of roots. They transitioned to submerged growth very well.
Love ordering my TCs from GLA. I have ordered HC a few times from them before, and each time I have received healthy, full cups of plants. Simply wash off the nutrient gel and plant, with no worrying about algae or pests. Being a FL resident myself, GLA is only a few hours from my address, so I know I'll always receive my plants in peak condition with short shipping times. I have also recommended GLA to several other hobbyists, as I believe they offer some of the best tissue culture plants in the US.
"Dwarf Baby Tears" received two cups in perfect condition. Each strand was vertical and perky. Have no doubts they will be easy to grow along with proper light/C02/Ferts. 2 cups were a perfect amount for a new 30 gallon I recently set up. Packaging and Customer service is some of the best I've seen. Will purchase from GLA many more times. Thank you!
I ordered three tissue cultures of dwarf baby tears. 2 of them arrive in the cup beat up. Only one was still fully in tact. Planted them all. The one that was the worst looks like all of it is dying. The other two look good. It’s a beautiful plant. I’d give 5 stars but I’m guessing the shipping company was too rough with it