Cal Aqua Labs' PEARL is a dual-compartment CO2 checker that allows the user to accurately compare the CO2 level in your aquarium side-by-side against a standard reference. The unique space-saving design places the reference chamber right inside the the indicator chamber. The inner chamber holds the CO2 reference solution, whereas the outer chamber carries a CO2 indicator solution. The reference solution color corresponds to 30 ppm of CO2 - a level that is widely accepted for good plant growth in most aquariums.
No more guessing on the shades of green. No more looking back-and-forth at color sheets to compare. You know the precise CO2 level simply by comparing the colors in the two compartments side-by-side. Simply adjust your CO2 level so that the color of the indicator solution matches that of the reference solution. Don't guess, be sure! It's as simple as that.
The Pearl is hand-crafted using only the highest quality, laboratory-grade, borosilicate glass for maximum strength, durability, and visual clarity. Each piece is unique.
- Unique dual-compartment design. Inner compartment holds the Reference solution, while the outer compartment holds the Indicator solution
- No solution preparation needed. Required solutions are premade and included
- Improved durability and ease of use
- Easy to fill and remove solutions from both chambers
- Simple to use, simple to read, higher accuracy than other single-compartment checkers
- Approximate size without suction cup: 2"x2.3" (WxH)
- One (1) Suction Cup
- One (1) Bottle of CO2 "Indicator" Solution (15 mL)
- One (1) Bottle of CO2 "Reference" Solution calibrated to 30ppm CO2 (15 mL)
- 2 Reference chamber plugs
- Instructions for use