PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Plant Fertilizer Package - Perpetual Preservation System
Our PPS-Pro (EDTA) Package Includes:
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1lb/bag
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1lb/bag
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1lb/bag
- Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) - 1lb/bag
- DIY Aquarium Fertilizer Dosing Bottles (500mL) - Macros and Micros
- Graduated Transfer Pipette for dosing - qty 2
- PPS (Perpetual Preservation System) system provides daily dosing of all essential macronutrients and micronutrients vital to healthy plant growth and survival in the planted aquarium.
- The PPS-Pro system has been fine tuned in the aquarium hobby for years, and is one of the least expensive fertilizing systems designed for aquascapers of all abilities, in a heavily planted aquarium with a reasonable fish population. Water change schedule is per your preference or per tank needs, and testing is minimal with this system as conductivity readings.
- It's easy to get started with PPS-Pro dosing for your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed PPS-Pro dosing instructions to get started making your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
MgSO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate (MgSO4.7H2O)
- Magnesium (Mg) - 10.0%
- Sulfur (S) - 13.0%
GLA EDTA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium (Mg) - 1.5%
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.6%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 3.8%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 65.4%
How to dose PPS-Pro (EDTA) Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- Before you start, you will need a digital scale (preferably with 2 decimal places) to weigh the fertilizers and place them in the 500mL bottles
- It's recommended to sanitize your plastic bottles prior to starting
How to Prepare the PPS DIY Stock Solution
Use your digital scale to measure the dry fertilizers and place accordingly in Macros and Micros bottles (see below measurements in grams). Next, fill bottles with distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water, up to the 500mL water level line. Screw on caps tightly and shake well. Allow solution to dissolve completely, may take 24hrs. Warm water aids in quicker dissolution.
500mL Bottle 1 - Macros:
- K2SO4 - 29.3 grams
- KNO3 - 32.6 grams
- KH2PO4 - 2.9 grams
- MgSO4 - 20.2 grams
500mL Bottle 2 - Micros (TE - Trace Elements):
- GLA EDTA Micromix - 28.6 grams
How to dose PPS Macros and Micros daily in your aquarium
- The dosing recommendations outline below are ideal for medium and high lighting aquarium conditions. For lower light aquariums, use half the recommended dose, and for very high light double the recommended dose. Occasional monitoring of NO3 levels via conductivity readings with an inexpensive and easy TDS Meter is recommended with PPS-Pro system to adjust dosing accordingly and determine need for water change.
- For dosing the PPS system with a 50% water change once per week, review our PPS instructions for this dosing schedule based on tank lighting, otherwise follow instructions outlined below for dosing with or without occasional water change per tank needs.
Macros: daily dose of 1 mL* per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. *(1ml = 20 drops)
Micros: daily dose of 0.5 mL or 10 drops per 10 gallons or 40L of aquarium water. Dose daily, prior to your aquarium lights turning on, dose consistently. (increase dose if pale new growth appears)
Total daily dose yields:
- 1ppm NO3
- 0.1ppm PO4
- 1.33ppm K
- 0.1ppm Mg
- 0.05ppm TE(trace elements)
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
4 weeks in on using PPS-Pro. This kit has already saved me money. Not only that but helps keep empty bottles out of the ocean. I ran through so much all in one fertilizer solutions it was getting ridiculous. This system has my tank growing like never before now that I have more accurate dosing and control. This system can literally make years worth of fertilizer for your tank. You get all micros and macros, nothing is missing!
This stuff is incredible. I accidentally used too much before a business trip. Reached out to customer service and they got right back to me telling me it would be fine. I came back 6 days later to plants growing out the top of my 90gal aquarium. They seriously over tripled in size. I would post pictures if I could. This has to be seen to be believed!! Best part....it didn’t harm my fish or snails. This will be the ONLY product going in my aquarium from now on!
Pro kit plants loveit
I like this dosing system much better than my premixed options. This is much better because you actually know what your dosing, and exactly how much. GLA does a great job with this system. Delivery and packaging was fantastic.
Was a little skeptical because it was my first time using dry fertilizer. But my plants Love it Awesome product!! I will definitely be ordering again
You can make many MANY batches of micro and macro nutrients. This will last years for me!
I should have started using GLA PPS-Pro years ago. I was sold on buying all in one solutions for ease of use but man did that turn out to be an absolute waste of my money. This PPS-Pro kit will make you several batches of 2x 500ml micro and macro solutions. Did you even look at the price? No brainer folks, you would be foolish to use all in one solutions or a version of store bought premixed solution. You gain nothing from going that route as I have learned the hard way. My tanks look like they are on plant steroids and I took great pleasure selling my clippings to my local club. Winner winner chicken dinner!
I was looking for aquarium fertilizers for my new 75g tank. after going back and forth with options I decided on GLA PPS-Pro system. It arrived quickly and neatly packed. Creating the solutions took a few minutes. I was excited to start dosing so I waited a few months to post this review. Since using PPS-Pro my tank has taken off to a new level. Ive sold most of my clippings already to friends to where my tank is paying me back. What I like most about this system is its affordability and longevity. With one kit you literally make loads of liquid solutions. You can dose both on the same day or opposite days and even adjust your recipe to your tanks precise needs. Im a chemist by nature so I really enjoyed playing around with my dosage levels and watching what plants liked and did not like. The dosing bottles are a breeze to use, just squeeze and pore. They also include a pipette with each bottle for nano tanks which i found neat. I since started a desk top vase to try it out. Overall very happy PPS-Pro, you will be too.
This package is by far the smartest dosing system you can buy and it will cost you pennies compared to buying premixed solutions. First, premixed solutions are mostly water. You end up tossing more bottles in the landfill than necessary unless you have a really good recycling program. This kit will allow you to make many batches of 500ml Micro and Macro solutions. This is a totally complete dosing system that has everything you would need. I had no idea what I was doing when I purchased this kit and after mixing my first batch I knew I would never buy premixed solutions ever again. Save your wallet and go with PPS-Pro!
Ok so I was a little unsure of myself when going this route for my tank. Previously all I have been using are all in one fertilizers. They worked ok, but I noticed some issues, a lot actually. One issue off the bat was while my plants were living, none of them were looking nearly as good as members in my local club. I used all the brands of liquid fertilizer all in one solutions. They were extremely costly, thats a huge factor. I dont think they worked nearly as well as GLA PPS-Pro system though. My plants pearl much faster in the morning instead of noon time. My colors re super vibrant and I dont notice any more pinholes in my plant leaves. Besides my plants all looking fantastic now I my wife noticed after only 5 months of using PPS-Pro I dont spend nearly as much as I did when using the premixed liquid solutions. With one kit I cam make several batches of fertilizers. Mixing is super easy and not any different than making your favorite drink. It takes me about 4 minutes to create two bottles of high quality Micro and Macro fertilizers. Im saving loads of money and spending it on plants instead. You absolutely will be thrilled with this kit. Its incredibly inexpensive and you get to reuse the bottles over and over again vs constantly buying bottles you just toss in the trash. With this kit your doing the planet a favor and your aquscape as well. Highly recommend PPS-Pro fertilizers.
Last week was my last week dosing all in one liquid solutions. The cost is astronomical in any tank larger than 30g. This PPS kit I can already tell is going to save me loads of money but not only that my plants literally took off after only 5 days of dosing. This kit is far more economical than any premixed liquid solution. I have never seen my plants respond to dosing before like they do with GLA fertilizers. My plants are finally pearling and my glosso has sped up in growth to where I feel a carpet is finally near. GLA ferts are the way to go no doubt about it. Do your tank a favor and go with GLA PPS-Pro. Your tank will be glad you did! :)
Apparently, I’ve just been stumbling along not quite stripping my plants of all their joy and health. Converting my fertilizer routine from dosing liquid fertilizer to using this collection was apparently a game changer for me. About 10 days into the new program, GLA’s pps pro collection and I can practically see my plants growing. Probably 4” of vertical growth on stem plants last week using co2 and good, strong lighting. I’m totally floored by what I’m seeing and I owe it all to the good people at GLA for laying out all the materials and info in one place!