Potassium Sulfate K2SO4 - Dry Aquarium Fertilizer
- provides Potassium (K) and Sulfur (S) to aquarium plants
- GLA's K2SO4, Potassium Sulfate, is the Best Aquarium Fertilizer for Fe iron metabolism (K) and root development (S).
- Potassium is essential to healthy plant growth of aquatic plants, accessible as highly mobile potassium cation K+, aids in balance of anion or negative charges within plants. Potassium is contained in alternative fertilizers, such as KNO3 and KH2PO4, and extra potassium is provided in K2SO4 to avoid deficiency which may result in pathogen risk, wilting, brown spotting, curing leaves, enlarging pinholes, yellow edges, and chlorosis. Potassium is especially important to leaves and growth points. Exceptional mobility and solubility in plant tissues.
- aids in photosynthesis especially in low light conditions, metabolism, protein and carbohydrate synthesis, enzymes, amino acids, plant tissues and hardiness
Deficiency Symptoms: chlorosis of older leaves, leaf deformation, leaf tip burn, necrotic new leaves, stunted growth
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
How to dose Potassium Sulfate K2SO4 in your planted aquarium
Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods
Expect an increase of 1ppm K per every 84 milligrams (equivalent to less than 1/64 tsp) K2SO4 added to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- K 1ppm
- S 0.41ppm
99.9% dissolve rate in water in just a few seconds. Awesome!