Estimative Index EI - NPK Aquarium Fertilizer Package
Our Estimative Index EI Package includes:
- GLA EDTA Micromix (M) - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) (N) - 1lb/Jar
- Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) (P) - 1lb/Jar
- Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) (K) - 1lb/Jar
- Estimative Index/EI is a planted aquarium fertilizing system based on routine high dosing of dry micro (M) and macro (NPK) nutrients. The underlying principle is to dose more nutrients weekly than the aquarium plants require. This ensure that nutrients are in adequate supply without plant deficiencies; and algae growth in the aquarium is properly controlled through a balance of fertilizing, high lighting, a densely planted aquascape, and a stable CO2 supply (at 30ppm). During an EI dosing week, micros and macros are alternated daily for six days, followed by a 50% water change on Sundays to reset nutrient levels in the aquarium and remove excess nutrients.
- Test kits / nutrient testing of aquarium water is not required with the EI system, although it is recommended to monitor CO2 saturation in your aquarium with a CO2 drop checker to confirm its at 30ppm.
- It's easy to get started with EI routine fertilizing your planted aquarium. Follow the instructions outlined below and review our detailed Estimative Index instructions to make your aquascape a success with daily dosing.
KNO3 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KNO3 13.7-0-46
- Total Nitrogen(N) - 13.7%
- 13.7% Nitrate Nitrogen
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 46%
K2SO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- K2SO4 0-0-52
- Soluble Potash (K2O) - 52%
- Sulfur (S) - 18%
KH2PO4 Guaranteed Analysis:
- KH2PO4 0-52-34
- Available Phosphate(P2O5) - 52%
- Soluble Potash(K2O) - 34%
GLA EDTA Micromix Guaranteed Analysis:
- Magnesium (Mg) - 1.5%
- Chelated Iron (actual) (Fe) - 7.0%
- Chelated Manganese (actual) (Mn) - 2.0%
- Chelated Zinc (actual) (Zn) - 0.4%
- Chelated Copper (actual) (Cu) - 0.1%
- Molybdenum (actual) (Mo) - 0.6%
- Boron (actual) (B) - 3.8%
- EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetate) - 65.4%
How to dose Estimative Index Aquarium Fertilizer Package in your planted aquarium
- Learn everything you need to know about aquarium plant fertilizer, plant nutrients, optimal nutrient levels, and diy fertilizer dosing methods: Dry Fertilizer Calculator and Fertilizing Methods.
- You will need a set of dedicated teaspoons for EI dosing
- Follow our EI dosing chart below for the appropriate dose (in teaspoons/tsp) for your aquarium size (in gallons).
- Dose each three times per week for 6 days total. Dose the Micros and Macros on alternating days, for example: dose Macros on M,W,and F and dose Micros on T,TH,and Sat.
- Perform a 50% water change (or more as desired) on day seven (Sunday), weekly.
- KNO3 - 1/8 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/32 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/32 tsp
- MICROS - 1/32 tsp
- KNO3 - 1/4 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/16 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/16 tsp
- MICROS - 1/16 tsp
- KNO3 - 1/2 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/8 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/8 tsp
- MICROS - 1/8 tsp
- KNO3 - 3/4 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 3/16 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/4 tsp
- MICROS - 1/4 tsp
- KNO3 - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- kKH2PO4 - 1/2 tsp
- K2SO4 - 1/2 tsp
- MICROS - 1/2 tsp
Total daily dose/10gal yields (ppm): (dose each 3 times per week, alternating Macros and Micros)
To reach your target of 7.5ppm NO3 you will need to add 463 milligrams (equivalent to 1/16 tsp ) KNO3 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- NO3 7.5ppm
- N 1.69ppm
- K 4.73ppm
To reach your target of 7.5ppm K you will need to add 633 milligrams (equivalent to 1/16 tsp + 1/32 tsp ) K2SO4 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- K 7.5ppm
- S 3.08ppm
To reach your target of 1.3ppm PO4 you will need to add 90 milligrams (equivalent to 1/64 tsp ) K2HPO4 to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- PO4 1.3ppm
- P 0.42ppm
- K 1.07ppm
To reach your target of 0.2ppm Fe you will need to add 116 milligrams (equivalent to 1/64 tsp ) GLA EDTA Micromix to your 10gal aquarium to yield:
- Fe 0.2ppm
- Mn 0.057ppm
- Cu 0.003ppm
- Mg 0.043ppm
- Zn 0.011ppm
- Mo 0.002ppm
- B 0.025ppm
- dGH 0.01
The EI fertilizer pack is great. Will Order again. Next time I will by the PRO pack. When I got the product in, I had questions I emailed the company and with in 4 hours I had a complete response and the communicated very well. I recommend them for all your aquarium fertilizer needs. I love it even in my outside ponds notice a 100% better change then the last fertilizer, I was using.
This is my first ever forey into fertilizers that are not non-all-in-one, pre-made, liquid solutions. The docs and calculators provided by you guys and others really simplified the process and I was able to get started right away. I am seeing good growth after following the low light calculator from Rotala Butterfly and not too much algae (still new to the hobby and dosing for a month with no CO2). I could not be happier with this product. Excellent value, too. P.S. I found you guys because of your excellent blogs.
This is a very convenient way to buy dry ferts for EI. It's nice to have them in jars instead of bags and all in one convenient kit. EI dosing is great for combining with CO2 to have an aquarium of healthy, fast-growing plants.
I was using NilocG's dry ferts and they're fine, but when I ran out I wanted to try something else as certain plants looked rather weak, in spite of CO2 being on point. Inside of a week and a half of using these ferts, the Limnophila Aromatica, as one example, stood up more and was quite a bit more robust all the way around. Everything just looks happier now. My only gripe is not with this product, but GLA's shipping costs: from a consumer's perspective, it's somewhat irritating when a company is almost certainly making money off the shipping costs, but at least GLA aren't integrating shipping into the base price of the product then claiming, "FREE SHIPPING!" Which is more irritating than their current practice.
If your looking for an inexpensive method to dose your planted tank with high quality to boot, look no further. Your not going to find better quality aquarium fertilizers anywhere that look this nice. Shipping was incredibly fast. Super happy :)
Thanks GLA for helping decide on a dosing regimen for my 200g tank. I came to GLA 4 months ago looking for a dosing plan for my tank. After spending hundreds of dollars of premixed fertilizer my wallet decided for a change. This EI kit has done wonders for my Discus Biotope tank. I dose per the guideline on the label and have had no problems to date. Even my wife is able to dose my tank while Im on the road. You can even create your own liquid EI bottle set and have an autodoser dose your fertilizers with this kit. GLA planted aquarium fertilizers have been outstanding for my tank. I have huge ferns,amazon swords,mellon swords along with huge clumps of needle leaf java fern and all have really taken off. My Glosso is now spreading, slowly but surely its definitely an improvement from using all in one fertilizer. The EI kit has been a wallet saver.
I switched from liquid fertilizers to dry fertilizers and holy crap! I dont know what people are thinking buying these all in one solutions. They are literally a total waste of money because I have spent way to much with repeat purchases of 500ml bottles of all in one solutions. With this EI kit you can literally make gallons of liquid fertilizer! Yes gallons! My plants look so much happier and even my Amazon swords are starting to shoot out of the tank throwing off little baby plants. Ive already saved a good load of money by using dry fertilizers that I can use elsewhere where needed. GLA fertilizers are of the best quality so you can buy with confidence. My plants are finally responding to my dosing!
Dry salt fertilizers are the best way to go. You dont waste any money on buying a premixed bottle of mostly water . When using dry salts you can create your own mix for pennies. I dont know why anybody would consider using liquid fertilizer compared to this. My plants in all 3 tanks look better than they ever did using the all on in solutions I have been buying. Needless to say I will never buy all in one premixed solution ever again. Stop wasting your money on bottled fertilizer and go dry salts. You will be 100% glad you did, and save loads of money doing it. Thanks Laura for helping me pick the correct kit for my tanks. GLA ferts make them look so good! My only complaint is I cant share pics of how awesome my tanks look.